[USRP-users] Sequence Errors on USRP N200

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Sun Jun 24 12:21:24 EDT 2012

On 06/23/2012 09:59 PM, Jahshan Bhatti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a program to delay and playback received samples continuously
> with the USRP N200. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the
> occasional sequence error. Why does this happen? Is the network layer
> dropping or reordering packets?

Correct, this would probably be a dropped packet.

You might expect packets to get re-ordered and even dropped when UDP is
sent out into the internet and taking different paths to get to the
destination, etc.

But this is a direct point to point link. So, you might have one of
those less than perfect ethernet cards that on occasion, drop packets.
Some applications would re-send, some would silently drop (like skype),
USRP is just one of the few devices that reports the event.

-josh