[USRP-users] LO phase alignment

Christophe ALEXANDRE christophe.alexandre at cnam.fr
Fri Jun 22 04:58:13 EDT 2012

Hi Josh,

i've read the link :

Using timed commands, multiple frontends can be tuned at a specific time.
This timed-tuning ensures that the phase offsets between VCO/PLL chains will
remain constant after each re-tune. See notes below:
  a.. There is a random phase offset between any two frontends
  b.. This phase offset is different for different LO frequencies
  c.. This phase offset remains constant after retuning
    a.. Due to divider, WBX phase offset will be randomly +/- 180 deg after
re-tune
  d.. This phase offset will drift over time due to thermal and other
characteristics
  e.. Periodic calibration will be necessary for phase-coherent applications
I still don't understand the principle you use. is it a VCO special property
?

some questions still remain :

Q1) if i change LO freq from f1 to f2 then back to f1, should i get the same
phase offset on f1 ?

Q2) if i turn off the N210s then on, should i get the same offset on the
same freq ?

Q3) if the Q1, Q2 answers are yes, what kind of phase offset precision
should i expect ?

 regards.

 Christophe ALEXANDRE
 Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM)
 Laboratoire CEDRIC-LAETITIA
 Département EASY
 Accès 17-1-32, Case 2D2P10
 292 rue Saint Martin