[USRP-users] E100 external reference and PPS

Nowlan, Sean Sean.Nowlan at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 19 14:26:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

It has been 3 weeks and nobody has responded to this question. Is there anything special I need to do to enable the external reference and PPS inputs on the E100 (rev. 3)? My only thoughts are that 1) there's something magic I have to do to get the E100 in the mood to use the external reference, or 2) the GPSDO unit I'm using is broken and the E100 can't lock to it.

Since the E100 (rev. 3) isn't configured to automatically detect the Jackson Labs GPSDO and read its RS-232 output, I used Pin 3 to confirm that the GPSDO is locked.

Any thoughts? Also, if Ettus has the rev. 3 schematic available somewhere, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

Best regards,
Sean Nowlan