[USRP-users] Broken gpsdo or bad antenna?

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:01:25 EDT 2012

Hi all
After many tries with my gpsdo, I still can't get a good clock.

I've written a sw that continuously polls the gps_locked and the ref_locked
sensors. Both of them are always locked, that means that my antenna is
getting a quite "clear" sky view.

I've connected the front panel connectors of my N210 to a cesium clock/pps
generator, and I get 2 to 0 Hz of error with kal. That should mean that my
usrp works fine and the kal commands are good.

I've left the usrp turned on, with the gps antenna connected, for over 20
hours, but kal still gives me around 11 kHz of error.

I think that one of these 2 things is happening:

1) my gpsdo card is broken. What can I do to ensure that this is not the
case? And if this is the case, what can I do?

2) my antenna can't give a signal that is clear enough, so the gpsdo isn't
unable to give me the clock.

What do you think about the above cases?
Any help appreciated.
Dario.