[USRP-users] Questions about AGC & low pass filters of USRP FPGA

Nazmul Islam mnislam at winlab.rutgers.edu
Sun Jun 17 17:28:55 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have the following questions regarding the Automatic Gain Control & low
pass filters of USRP N210:

1) I am using the USRP N210 with WBX daughterboards. Wikipedia suggests
that WBX comes with 70 dB programmable gain amplifier. Is this correct?
What is the peak-to-peak differential input & the resistor value?

2) I know that the FPGA's of the USRP's use low pass filters in decimation
and interpolation. But, specifically, what low pass filters do they use?

3) I have found some documentation on USRP FPGA ("USRP FPGA Under 1.5x"
(Firas A. Hamza) & "USRP FPGA Tutorial-4" (Dawei Shen)). But they focus
mostly on USRP1. Where can I find the detailed information about the latest
N series USRP's & the daughterboards?

Information on any of the above questions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Nazmul

--
Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.