[USRP-users] Carrier and sampling clock synchronization

Sanat Gulvadi sanatgulvadi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:14:44 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I am trying to synchronize the carrier and sampling clocks on 2 different
USRP2 rev-4s each with an RFX2400 board. I am using a function generator
with a square wave at 10MHz and 10dBm which is connected to each of the REF
CLOCK input of the USRP2s. In the application I used
usrp->set_clock_source("external", 0) on both devices (they are on
different PCs so both channels are 0). During transmission I get the LED
'E' to glow. Is this sufficient to ensure that the devices are perfectly
synchronized in terms of their carrier frequencies and sampling rates being
the same ? There is nothing additional connected to the PPS IN input. At
the moment I do not have access to any additional external reference device
besides this function generator.

Regards,
Sanat