[USRP-users] Transmission with timestamps

Matthias P. Braendli mpbraend at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 04:55:46 EDT 2012

On 06/02/12 22:59, Josh Blum wrote:
>> What is the best way to make the USRP reconsider the timestamps while
>> the stream runs ? Is there a better way than dropping a packet, thereby
>> creating an underrun ?
>>
> Basically, set the end of burst on the last TX packet.
> Then send the next packet with a new time.
>
> The examples/tx_bursts.cpp should demonstrate this.

I cannot do an end of burst in regular intervals, because that always
generates late packets. However, if I set EOB once when I have a
discontinuity in my timestamps, it seems to be okay.

How do I have to handle the async burst ACK packets ? And what do I gain
by doing recv_async_msg() ? (Besides knowing that I had underruns or
late packets, which is quite useful. If I check for underruns and late
packets myself, can I suppress the printing of 'U' and 'L' to the console ?)

Thanks for your prompt answer !

Matthias