[USRP-users] GPSDO Support

Simon HB9DRV simon at hb9drv.ch
Sun Jun 3 12:16:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

Via UHD.dll or flipping switches? It looks like I'll be buying one anyway,
the phase noise spec is very good.

Searching the UHD.dl source code I see this which indicates that it's used
automagically:

"By default, if a GPSDO is detected at startup, the USRP will be configured
to use it as a frequency and time reference. The internal VITA timestamp
will be initialized to the GPS time, and the internal oscillator will be
phase-locked to the 10MHz GPSDO reference. If the GPSDO is not locked to
satellites, the VITA time will not be initialized."

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
 <http://dit-dit-dit.com/> http://dit-dit-dit.com

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around
you is a forest.

A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully. The sunspot count
is -25.