[USRP-users] Local Oscillator Lock Problem

Simon HB9DRV simon at hb9drv.ch
Sat Jun 2 13:15:55 EDT 2012

Hi,

With the WBX board there are random frequencies at which the LO doesn't
lock, for example 72 MHz and 98 MHz. What's annoying is that when the LO
isn't locked the returned data isn't too excellent L

I'm testing the lock status every second, problem is independent on
bandwidth, antenna, RF gain. I do not have MIMO, GPS or any fancy stuff,
just a WBX in a N210 and my software. CPU is not overloaded.

Please look at these two screenshots, both with a 10MHz bandwidth,

ftp://ftp.ham-radio.ch/common/sdr-radio/pics/98MHz.png (98MHz) lock is
on/off/on/off

ftp://ftp.ham-radio.ch/common/sdr-radio/pics/100MHz.png (100MHz) lock is on
always.

So are there known center (LO) frequencies to avoid?

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://dit-dit-dit.com

Not sent from an iPhone: I don't have one and I don't want one.