[USRP-users] N210 Rev4 SBX with 0.3.4 code

steam2009 at t-online.de steam2009 at t-online.de
Wed Feb 29 13:59:04 EST 2012

> I have had troubles with the FPGA build system on windows. It should
> work in theory, but in practice, GNU make seems to have problems with
> the windows paths.

> Was the FPGA build/GNU make working for you on windows?

It was a mix between modifying the build files, using a MSVC command shell
a cygwin shell and xilinx shell (that comes with its own version of gnu make for windows).
Somehow I ended up with a working build process that spit out an image
and worked just "as fine" as the latest official pre-release fpga images.
As in everything works just as it does now with 3.2 (tuning etc)
but all samples seem to be complete noise.

There are some path issues that need to be cleaned up but other
than that we should be able to have it build on windows as well.
At some point I hope to able to try and have a go at it.. but first
I need to figure out if I can get a second eval period for xilinx.

Lets say in uhd_fft:
Set 10MSamples
Activate the average checkbox
Freely tune frequencies.

Now all I see is a hill with a sharp tower at the top in the middle (dc).
When going to the higher frequencies everything will shift up a bit
but the overall look is the same.

With 3.2 I can see the distinct patterns of various activities going
on like GSM and Wifi. Also uhd-kalibrate works fine.

My current setup is this:
Win7 x64 Host with VmWare running Ubuntu 11.19 x64
The interface is directly mapped to a (second) physical port
that plugs into a gigabit switch to connect to the n210.

While I had gnu radio etc. running on the windows host
the wxgui parts were terribly broken after installing some
additional python packages (gl i think) so I switched to linux
in vmware. Most of the qt widgets would work fine but one or
two would crash gnuradio.

Here is the output of probe:

linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601; UHD_003.004.000-306-g757dd091

-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1024 bytes
-- Found a Jackson Labs GPS

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively affected.
    Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
    EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam
-- Setting references to the internal GPSDO
-- Initializing time to the internal GPSDO
 /
|       Device: USRP2 / N-Series Device
|    /
|   |       Mboard: USRP-N210-REV4