[USRP-users] N210 Rev4 SBX with 0.3.4 code

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Feb 28 20:51:55 EST 2012

On 02/28/2012 08:44 PM, steam2009 at t-online.de wrote:
> Hi,
> is there anything special to take care of when using the 0.3.4 code?
>
> Since I'm unable to build my own fpga images at the moment I tried
> http://files.ettus.com/uhd_releases/master_images/auto/current_2012_02_20.tar.gz
> and the corresponding git from the 18. feb.
> Everything loads fine but all I receive seems to be random noise. Programs
> that work perfectly fine with 0.3.2 with just show noise with 0.3.4.
> No obvious errors displayed.
>
> I've tried multiple different fpga images / git version of the driver code and
> so far only 0.3.2 produce meaningful results for me.
>
> On a related note, could you please release built FPGA images more often
> and make sure to tag the corresponding code base on GIT.
> This way we could compile the host side and be sure I have a recent matching fpga
> image.
>
> Thanks

Are you using the Rev4 version of the FPGA image?  That might perhaps
seem like a question not worth asking, but the FPGA images for
   Rev4 N210 have a slight difference, because the ADC-to-FPGA hardware
interface is slightly different in Rev4 N210 hardware than in
   previous revs.  So if you're using an FPGA image for R2/R3, it will
produce just noise.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator