[USRP-users] Timeout while streaming with dummy_rx block on USRP2

Ulrika Uppman ulrika.uppman at foi.se
Tue Feb 28 12:21:42 EST 2012

Hi,
I wanted to run the USRP2 with test data samples, and rebuild the fpga code replacing the dsp_core_rx with the dummy_rx (using the same base address as dsp_core_rx and using the cic_strober as strobe generator). The build was successful and all timing constraints were met, and when booting the USRP2 the leds indicated that all is ok. But when I use this dummy fpga build and run rx_samples_to_file from the example code, I get "Timeout while streaming" for some sample rates. I tried sample rates from 5 up to 25 MHz and only the rates where the decimation is 4, 6 or 8 this error occurs and the streaming stops. (I have also built the original fpga code with the dsp_core_rx block using the same build environment, and it works fine.) I'm wondering what the cause of this timeout-error could be. Have anyone else seen any similar behavior?

Regards,
Ulrika