[USRP-users] Receiving signal without antenna.

Matthew Hinojosa ftb775 at my.utsa.edu
Mon Feb 27 16:24:59 EST 2012

Hi, I am running simple tests with two separate USRP's. On one usrp, i am
transmitting a known signal at a known frequency, and on the other USRP i
am trying to look at that signal by using the uhd_fft.py script. When doing
this, i was sending a sine wave at 2 GHz and also receiving this signal at
the 2GHz range. However, I was able to receive the signal without the
antenna attached to the USRP. Can anybody tell me how this is possible or
why this is happening.

Thank you,

Matthew Hinojosa
Undergraduate Research Assistant