[USRP-users] USRP N210 low pass filter

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Sun Feb 26 13:12:13 EST 2012

On 02/26/2012 06:36 AM, Ehsan Nj wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to this forum. I am using USRP N210 in my project with the
> XCVR2450 daughterboard . I use the N210 as a spectrum analysis tool
> but the problem I have now is the roll of factor of the USRP low pass
> filter. Would you please give me more information about the
> specifications of this filter because I need to know them to
> reconstruct the spectrum.
> <https://www.ettus.com/product/details/XCVR2450>

I can't give you the specifics of the filters--other than it's a
multi-stage CIC decimator with half-band filters on the output (I think
that's right).

But an approach I have used in the past is to terminate the input of the
device in a 50-ohm terminator, then use the resulting spectral curve
   (using the magnitudes) to compute an inversion function that flattens
the curve.  That won't work for anything other than simple visual
   spectral analysis, but it works for that particular case.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator