[USRP-users] 10MHz to 1GHz receive and transmit;

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Thu Feb 16 16:24:51 EST 2012

On 02/16/2012 12:50 PM, Furkan Elibol wrote:
> I need a system like below;
>
> Transmitter subsystem;
> 1 USRP1
> 1 LFTX
> 1 WBX
> 1 Antenna
>
> Receiver subsystem;
> 1 USRP1
> 1 LFRX
> 1 WBX
> 1 Antenna
>

> All the system must operate between 10MHz to 1GHz at least.
>
> The questions are;
>
> How can I send and receive signal which has a frequency between 30MHz and 50MHz ?
> I have only one antenna for transmitter and one antenna for receiver. So if I use 2 db, I will need a physical switch (1x2).
> I want to ask how can I do switching process? And how can I control this switch?
>
> For example it can switch automatically above 50MHz to wbx and below 50MHz to LFRX.
> I think I can use GPIO pins on the WBX board for switch control.

1) You should be able to switch the frontend/subdevice spec while
running. This will let you have 1 stream from either daughterboard
source.
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1multi__usrp.html#a7f94ed00059cc7dd30567d031b3f9679

2) If you want to use a daughterboard GPIO to control a switch. See the
dboard_iface header and
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1multi__usrp.html#a3299d8f77f1d823c762e36438bac509e

-Josh