[USRP-users] Replacing DSP in N2x0

mleech at ripnet.com mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Feb 14 15:27:09 EST 2012

I'm curious about what you percieve as the problems with the RX
DSP?

I'm not aware of too many people replacing it wholesale. Most
people who discard the TX side in favour of freeing up FGPA space do so
not because the RX DSP is inadequate, but because they need room for
high-speed demodulation functions, etc.

What "better characteristics"
are you looking for?

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:14:56 -0500, Wilson,
Jeffery (DS-1) wrote:

> Designation: Non-SSA/Finmeccanica
>
> Hello,

> I've been running some tests using an N200 (I also have an N210 at
my disposal), and I'm a bit unhappy with the performance of the RX DSP
(most likely the CORDIC itself). I wasn't able to find much by searching
the list archives or the web, but I was wondering if it is at all common
for users to swap out the UHD implementation for a separate and/or
proprietary IP core with better characteristics. Could anyone point me
to any examples of this (if they exist)?

> I also remember seeing
something at one time about removing the whole TX chain to make more
room on the FPGA for RX-only applications, but haven't been able to
relocate it. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to that info as
well.

> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Jeff Wilson