[USRP-users] Replacing DSP in N2x0

Wilson, Jeffery (DS-1) JAWilson at drs-ds.com
Tue Feb 14 15:14:56 EST 2012

Designation: Non-SSA/Finmeccanica

Hello,

I've been running some tests using an N200 (I also have an N210 at my
disposal), and I'm a bit unhappy with the performance of the RX DSP
(most likely the CORDIC itself). I wasn't able to find much by searching
the list archives or the web, but I was wondering if it is at all common
for users to swap out the UHD implementation for a separate and/or
proprietary IP core with better characteristics. Could anyone point me
to any examples of this (if they exist)?

I also remember seeing something at one time about removing the whole TX
chain to make more room on the FPGA for RX-only applications, but
haven't been able to relocate it. I'd appreciate it if someone could
point me to that info as well.

Thanks,

--

Jeff Wilson