[USRP-users] Curious About Phase Noise of N210

Ben Hilburn ben.hilburn at ettus.com
Tue Feb 14 13:04:53 EST 2012

Robert -

Right now, we don't have truly accurate phase noise measurements for the
N2xx devices.  The phase noise is low enough that we have not had any
instruments capable of measuring the actual figure; and no, I'm really not
trying to feed you marketing stuff for our products.  We just, quite
simply, did not have the equipment to get the real numbers.

We *just* got a new instrument that should be good enough to measure it,
but it isn't set-up yet, and I'm not sure when we will have the time to get
to it ourselves.  We will probably have something in the coming weeks that
we can send you, but I can't give you a promise on the schedule.

If you decide to do this yourself, the quality of the external reference
really shouldn't affect it to a large degree, so I wouldn't fuss over it
too much.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list with any questions / clarifications you
have =)

Cheers,
Ben
Ben Hilburn <http://goo.gl/5DdZ3> @ Ettus Research, LLC<http://www.ettus.com/>