[USRP-users] DBSRX2 daughterboard bandwidth problem!!

mleech at ripnet.com mleech at ripnet.com
Mon Feb 13 15:08:47 EST 2012

Actually, I think I may have mis-spoke. It looks like the initial
setting of bandwidth is fixed at 80MHz, which is fine for 100Msps
baseboards, but not lower-sampling-rate ones.

Ideally, you want it set
at: 0.8 * baseboard-sampling-rate or thereabouts.

Perhaps Josh/Jason
could comment on this.

You can of course do this in your app, but it's
nice if the driver "did the right thing" automagically.

-Marcus

On
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:39:59 -0500, mleech at ripnet.com wrote:

> Note that
UHD normally sets the analog bandwidth of variable-analog-bandwidth
cards (TVRX2/DBSRX/DBSRX2) to whatever is appropriate for the sampling
rate of the front-end (64Msps B100/USRP1/E100 and 100Msps for
N2XX/USRP2).

> Unless you have some very special situation in which
you don't trust the digital filtering in the FPGA, you shouldn't ever
have to set the analog bandwidth of the DBSRX2.

Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:27:42 +0000, Mike McLernon wrote:

>> Hi Ruth,

>> Have you seen the following link?

http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2011-September/002415.html
[1]

>> Mike
>>
>> FROM: usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com
[mailto:usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com] ON BEHALF OF Ruth Sancho

SENT: Monday, February 13, 2012 9:31 AM
usrp-users at lists.ettus.com
>> SUBJECT: [USRP-users] DBSRX2 daughterboard
bandwidth problem!!

>> Hi!
>>
>> My USRP N210 is working properly
with the DBSRX2 daugtherboard. I am trying to make some simulations
using Matlab. Could someone tell me how I could change the capture
bandwidth?

>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Ruth Sancho.

Links: