[USRP-users] FPGA image revision number

Lapointe, Benjamin - 1008 - MITLL blapointe at ll.mit.edu
Fri Feb 10 13:01:59 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to burn new FPGA and FW images to my USRP N210.  I recently updated to a new version of UHD (003.004.000), and that caused me to get an error from usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py.  I know the N210 can have hardware revision r3 or r4, and my N210 is r3.  For my application, I have slightly modified the FPGA code.  Is there any way to specify which revision the FPGA code gets built with?  I am able to burn the stock fpga.bin and fw.bin files to my N210, but I get an error with my version of the fpga.bin file.

Thanks,
-Ben

The output from usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py is shown below:

USRP-N2XX found.
Hardware type: n210_r3
Flash size: 4194304
Sector size: 65536

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py", line 522, in <module>
    else: burner.burn_fw(fw=options.fw, fpga=options.fpga, reset=options.reset, safe=options.overwrite_safe, check_rev=not options.dont_check_rev)
  File "./usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py", line 291, in burn_fw
    raise Exception("Error: incorrect FPGA image version. Please use the correct image for device %s" % n2xx_revs[hw_rev][0])
Exception: Error: incorrect FPGA image version. Please use the correct image for device n210_r3