[USRP-users] Setting Subdevice Specification for Rx DSP Chain #1 and SMA-B?

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Thu Feb 9 18:55:48 EST 2012

On 02/09/2012 03:45 PM, Robert Palumbo wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> How do set the subdevice specification to receive data from the SMA
> port-B on the BasicRx Daughterboard to the second DSP Chain (i.e.
> dsp_core_rx1.v) in the FPGA on a N210? I've tried setting it to "A:B",
> but that just maps inputs on SMA port-B to the first DSP Chain
> (dsp_core_rx0.v). Is there a way to bypass rx0 and only use rx1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob
>

>From the software perspective, if your going to use the Nth DSP, you
still need to map 0 -> N-1 to something.

So, setup the frontend spec to be 2 channels, ie "<something> A:B",
where something is whatever you want to map into DSP0.

Then, when you create an rx streamer, set the channels argument to
contain only channel 1.

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/structuhd_1_1stream__args__t.html#aebfb903c0cb6c040d78ef90917e55a61

-Josh