[USRP-users] GSM900 2G Implementation using USRP2-N200

Thomas Tsou ttsou at vt.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:16:45 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Amit Nevo <Amit.Nevo at hallo.co.il> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I consider a GSM900 2G implementation using the USRP2-N200.
>
> I would like to know how many channels/AFRCN/sub carriers (of 8 slots each) does the USRP2-N200 support?

With 25 MHz of bandwidth of the N200 you can digitize the entire
(non-extended) GSM900 uplink or downlink if that's what you're
interested in. As Ben said, the device views samples and bandwidth and
not specific GSM channels.

> If the number of supported channels is more than 1, what is the technique that the USRP2-N200 use to transmit multiple channels on single transmitter?
>
> If the answer is single channel, is there a USRP type that support more than one channel?

Multiple channels can be supported using a channelizer /
transmultiplexer with a single device. Support for that capability in
the open version of OpenBTS is forthcoming.

  Thomas