[USRP-users] GSM900 2G Implementation using USRP2-N200

Ben Hilburn ben.hilburn at ettus.com
Thu Feb 9 12:17:23 EST 2012

Amit -

The USRP is ignorant of the concept of 'channels', as you talk of them.
 You get 25 MHz of baseband, and you can process that bandwidth however you
want.  So ignoring inter-channel interference and such, assuming 200kHz GSM
channels, you could split your bandwidth into (25e6 / 200e3) = 125 channels.

That said, if you are using OpenBTS, I think OpenBTS only supports one
channel at a time?  The limitation, however, is not the USRP.

Cheers,
Ben
Ben Hilburn <http://goo.gl/5DdZ3> @ Ettus Research, LLC<http://www.ettus.com/>