[USRP-users] Purpose of 'refill_randomizer' in External SRAM FIFO Interface?

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Wed Feb 8 13:04:25 EST 2012

When I originally designed this, it was a straight FIFO and worked fine to buffer packets...However, it generated some ugly EMI spikes that feed into the radio due to all those high drive lines to the fast SRAM. So I added the "refill randomizer" to make the circuit spread spectrum and distribute that noise energy.
-Ian