[USRP-users] Kernel module question

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Mon Feb 6 16:30:50 EST 2012

On 02/06/2012 12:29 PM, Ahmed Alsawi wrote:
> hi all,
> how the kernel module usrp_e.ko is compiled ,,,,,,I found the header in uhd
> host code ... but  source code  isn't there
> At which stage the usrp_e.ko is generated  ???

That header is the user-space entry point into the usrp_e kernel module.

usrp_e.ko is built as part of a linux kernel tree build. Typically, we
bundle a prebuilt kernel module with the embedded file system:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/BootFiles

In case you want to build the kernel: I am CCing Philip for wise words
and a link to his latest kernel branch with usrp_e module.

Cheers,
-Josh