[USRP-users] 16 bit samples

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Thu Feb 2 04:55:59 EST 2012

On 02/02/2012 01:28 AM, Paola Madonna wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> referring to this mail
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.usrp.e100/1650 I would like to
> know if UHD supports 16-bit complex samples (8-I 8-Q). I am using the  UHD
> version 003.002.003 under Ubuntu 10.10 to manage two channels but the
> COMPLEX_INT_16 is not implemented in this version.

The sc8 (signed complex 8bit) sample format for RX over the wire has
been implemented. This code can be found on the master branch (aka
upcoming 3.4.* release). Here is the feature announcement:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/2958481

Also, sc8 sample format for TX over the wire is about to be pushed this
week.

-Josh