[USRP-users] [Openbts-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] OpenBTS USRP2 support

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:10:00 EST 2010

Hi,

> These errors probably mean you are running the 64 MHz version of the
> OpenBTS transceiver, since it does not support these commands.
> If you *are* running OpenBTS on a stock 64 MHz USRP clock, congratulations.
>  It often doesn't work at all, but sometimes you get lucky.

He's using a USRP2 with the UHD patch.

Since the USRP2 is always 100MHz sampling, I guess it uses a modified
version of the 64MHz TRX (because it needs resampling).

But the USRP2 can have it's 100MHz local clock locked on an external
reference to get it at _really_ 100MHz and achieve good clock.

Cheers,

    Sylvain