[USRP-users] UHD + USRP1 + 8bit samples

Josh Blum josh at joshknows.com
Mon Nov 29 13:59:45 EST 2010

The io type refers to the data type for the send/recv calls. Its
independent from the over-the-wire type. So it would be possible to have
16-bit complex samples over the wire and request a COMPLEX_FLOAT32 for
the io type.

In any case, the support for changing the over-the-wire type is not yet
implemented. So its always on the default of 32 bit complex samples. The
API calls, register pokes, and conversion routines must be implemented.
Its been put on the back burner in favor of implementing other features
first.

_josh