[USRP-users] using GPIO pins on daughter boards

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at tu-ilmenau.de
Fri Nov 26 13:09:44 EST 2010

Hi,

On 11/26/2010 06:03 PM, Josh Blum wrote:

> Yes, as it stands. Set the DDR to TXIO_MASK | (1<<  8). You can safely
> set the GPIO and not interfere with the operation of the db_wbx.cpp code
> because the pins in TXIO_MASK are under ATR hardware control.
>
> A readback or mask option sounds like a useful addition to the
> daughterboard interface for GPIO configurations.

Thanks, I already have something in the pipe (at least for the USRP2 and
e100). Attached you'll find a simple patch for this. However, I am not
sure how to handle the pin definitions (i.e. TXIO_MASK). Should we
create separate header files for each and every daughterboard?

>> Moreover, I observed that my IO settings are set back to default after
>> my program terminated. Is it possible to set them permanently or am I
>> doing something wrong?
>>
> The decontruction routine sets all GPIOS to inputs. Thats what you are
> seeing.

Actually, the destructor of class wbx_xcvr in db_wbx.cpp is empty. Or is
this done anywhere else?

Regards,
Andre