[USRP-users] using GPIO pins on daughter boards

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at tu-ilmenau.de
Fri Nov 26 02:35:53 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to use the GPIO pins as outputs on a WBX daughter board and
I am wondering about the right way.

According to the docs and some posts earlier this year on the list
io_tx[14:8] are available for use. So I picked io_tx[8].

By default, all pins are set to function as inputs so I have to
configure them as outputs first.
Unfortunately, there is no function like "get_gpio_ddr()" within the
dboard interface. That's why I used TXIO_MASK defined in db_wbx.cpp in
order to make sure not to taint the current configuration. Is that
necessary?

Moreover, I observed that my IO settings are set back to default after
my program terminated. Is it possible to set them permanently or am I
doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Andre