[USRP-users] USRP2(XCVR) in Simulink

Mikhail Tadjikov mtadjikov at ucla.edu
Mon Nov 22 08:52:51 EST 2010

Hello,

 I've been hitting my head against the wall for quite a few hours now and I
just can't seem to make UHD work with Simulink (2010b). I've downloaded all
the latest FW & FPGA bits (from http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_images/),
as well as, the latest uhd from git. For some reason I consistently have 3
LED light up B,D,F. I've checked and it seems that B is undocumented, so no
clue as to what's happening there (with raw fw just D & F light up).
$ sudo ./uhd_find_devices
linux; GNU C++ version 4.4.5; Boost_104200; UHD_20101117.172104.89ae5f3

Warning:
    Ignoring discovered device
    Expected fpga compatibility number 2, but got 3767730177:
[ Expected protocol compatibility number 6, but got 7: (with the
experimental FW from 10/22)]
    The fpga build is not compatible with the host code build.
No UHD Devices Found

Also, I'm a little confused about all the differences between UDP and UHD
FW, since Mathworks suggests using the udp version of the FW, but no comment
on the matching FPGA bits (
http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-CUN7JZ/index.html?product=CB&solution=1-CUN7JZ
)

I've also used Wireshark to monitor my traffic and USRP2 does seem to be
generating some traffic. Ping'ing also works.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

--
Mikhail Tadjikov
Graduate Student