[USRP-users] [ANNOUNCE] OpenBTS USRP2 support

Josh Blum josh at joshknows.com
Wed Nov 17 14:20:19 EST 2010

> I'm announcing the availability of USRP2 support with OpenBTS. The
> patch set consists of a new device implementation that uses the UHD
> driver from Ettus Research and allows the use of an external 10MHz
> reference clock. Additional implementation details can be found in the
> comments and commit log.

You are awesome.

> *Operation in the upper bands (1800, 1900MHz) requires an external
> reference for reliable operation. This is true to a lesser extent in
> the lower bands as well.

I wonder if this will be necessary for the USRP-N210 since that has a
10MHz TCXO for an "internal" reference.

In another note. I am considering modifying the old USRP classic FPGA
code to get receive timestamps (secs and ticks) for the USRP1 + UHD
support. What is needed for in terms of timestamps with transmit for
OpenBTS? Basically, does it a timestamped send_at() capability?

-Josh