[USRP-users] USRP1 and UHD rx_samples_to_file

Steven Clark steven.p.clark at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:53:25 EST 2010

> Steven,
>
> The UHD and libusrp1 drivers from GNUradio have different default gain
> settings.  UHD defaults to 0dB and libusrp1 defaults to mid-gain, which
> I think will be around 25dB.  These give very different Noise Figures
> for WBX.  Try the rx_ascii_art_dft with --gain=25
>
> Jason

I was explicitly commanding gain=0 in both cases. Besides, I'm putting in CW
in range ~-20dBm, which should be plenty visible regardless of gain setting.
Right now it just looks like 2-3 ADC bits worth of noise with the UHD
driver.

Grr, this is frustrating. I want to start developing with UHD + USRP1, but
this is a showstopper atm :(

-Steven