[USRP-users] [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Ettus Research Announcements -- Nov 2010

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Sun Nov 14 14:38:15 EST 2010

On 11/14/2010 07:24 AM, Per Zetterberg wrote:
> Sounds great.
>
> Will the USRP2-N210 be supported by UHD from start (software, firmware,
> bitstream) ?

Yes, it works with UHD.  The N210 will _ONLY_ be supported by UHD, not
the old-style drivers.  All of our new products going forward will be
UHD-only.

> Should I anticipate any problems when using a combination of old and new
> USRP2s in a MIMO configuration ?

The ADC in the USRP2 and the N210 is different, so it has a different
pipeline delay.  This means you would need to account for this effect in
calibration.  It is doable, but will be a little bit of work.  Transmit
should match very closely as the DAC has not changed.  The vast majority
of the logic in the FPGA is exactly the same between the two of them.

My suggestion is to give preference to like pairs.  For example, if you
have 2 USRP2s and 2 N210s, it would be best to set them up as:

System 1 -- USRP2 + USRP2
System 2 -- N210 + N210

rather than mixing them.

Matt