[USRP-users] USRP1 and UHD rx_samples_to_file

Steven Clark steven.p.clark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 22:41:02 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Josh Blum <josh at joshknows.com> wrote:

>> The amount of data written to the file is correct. HOWEVER, the output
>> written to test.bin looks wrong. It is mostly in range [-4,4], with some
>> large amplitude junk at the beginning of the capture. I don't see anything
>>

> probably just noise
>

>  resembling a sine wave. When I capture with the same input using GNURadio,
>> see a nice fat sine wave as expected. Any ideas?
>>

> was this with gnuradio + uhd?

the working capture was with old (non-uhd) drivers.

> do you have both slots populated on the USRP1? If so, the UHD may be
> selecting the wrong board via some default behavior), can you try it with
> one populated?
>
> try running the the ascii dft with the same options and see if the tone is
> present.
>
> -josh

I had 2 WBXs in the USRP1, but regardless of which one I fed input to, UHD
collect looked the same (low level noise + startup junk). I will try taking
one WBX out / the ascii thing on Monday back at work.

Thanks again for your patient help!

-Steven