[USRP-users] Basic TX - Can DAC keep a voltage level ?

Jorge Miguel jmiggal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:13:37 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to tx different signals with USRP2-basic Tx and Simulink.

I can transmit a perfect sine wave.
I can transmit a perfect pulsed carrier

However, when trying to input the modulating pulse of the pulsed carrier I
see on my scope spikes corresponding to the moment in which the pulse should
go up and down (negative and positive respectively) but I cannot see a pulse
shape. The duration of the pulse (time between spikes) and frequency as
exactly the ones I set on my software.

My thought is that the it can be possible that the DAC cannot drive enough
current to my 50okms oscilloscope.

Am I right? If not, what can be the reason?

Many thanks,
Jorge.