[USRP-users] No UHD Devices Found (USRP1)

Steven Clark steven.p.clark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:27:35 EST 2010

>> Finally I tried:
>>
>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/uhd -DENABLE_USRP1=TRUE
>> -DLIBUSB_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/include/libusb-1.0/ ../
>>

> Is that were fedora install the libusb1.0 package, or did you build libusb1
> from source?

I built it from source. libusb-1.0.8.tar.bz2

> See
>
> http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Downloads
>
> http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/images.html
>

>  After some head-scratching I followed the README in uhd/images, using:
>> cmake -DCPACK_GENERATOR=RPM ../
>> make package
>> sudo rpm -i UHD-images-20101109.230702.c0dfc2c-Linux.rpm
>>
>> Finally, uhd_find_devices found my usrp1.
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>> -Steven
>>
>> (10 minutes of adding a few more notes to the install guide could save
>> hours
>> of answering questions from befuddled users like me in the months to come
>> :)

Right, I saw those sections, but it wasn't initially clear to me whether the
images/ stuff was "here's some info about the images should you ever get
interested in modifying that stuff" versus "you must do this if you want to
use your USRPs at all". I fail at reading comprehension, I guess :)

-Steven