[USRP-users] Flat response from a signal generator

Mike McLernon Mike.McLernon at mathworks.com
Wed Nov 10 12:18:56 EST 2010

Hi Jorge,

At what level is your flat spectrum?

Mike

From: usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com [mailto:usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com] On Behalf Of Jorge Miguel
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:20 AM
To: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com
Subject: [USRP-users] Flat response from a signal generator

Hi,

I am using USRP2 with basic RX under matlab.

When I connect a piece of wire to my basic RX and I run commusrp2.mdl I can see noise plus a DC component in the spectrum (which I no not know where it comes from). However when I connect my signal generator to the basic receiver I get a perfect flat spectrum. I do not get even noise.

The signal I connect is a sine wave of 20KHz. I set an amplitude up to 200mvolts since I do not want to damage anything.

Any ideas why I cannot see my single tone in the received spectrum?

Regards,
Jorge